Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Skylit Drive

lolwut?
i haven't been blogging here as much because my photography blog usually turns into my daily blog anyways xD
but I wanted to share some music :]

This band is called A Skylit Drive and I've only heard a few of their songs but I really like them. I'm not big on the whole screaming thing but I'm okay with it sometimes and I can tolerate the amount this band uses (most of the time xD) But if you're a big anti-screamo person you might not enjoy it.

I don't know about you but I haven't heard a whole lot bands with this kind of sound. The first thing I thought of when I heard them for the first time was Rush but I know next to nothing about Rush so I'm not going to look like and idiot and say they sound like Rush xD
But I like the vocals and they have some pretty cool guitar and drum parts too, thats always a plus.

This song is called All It Takes For Your Dreams To Come True

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I wouldn't like it if the lighter haired dude wasn't singing too.

It's a perty good song

Emily said...

Yeah, i would prefer it without screaming xD

Scott said...

The vocalist does sound a bit like Geddy Lee (Rush), the more intricate rhythms remind me of Dream Theater, they lyrics are decent! Wow, a young hard rockin band singing about daylight fighting against darkness and winning! Wow. The screaming... well....

Apparently the current singer is a newb. Good move for the band. Makes them distinct.

Overall, 8 out of ten. More melody in the technical parts of the song would be great. Duct tape for the screaming guy would push it over the top!

Clangore said...

I have to dis-agree with Mr. Schreiber... With all due respect of course... I am a huge Rush fan, and I am very biased. I think they sound like some cross between Flyleaf, and Breaking Benjamin. But that was just my impression. :-) Overall not too bad.

Rachel D said...

Yeah, the singer does sound reminiscent of Geddy Lee, so I can see where you'd get the connection. The music itself is more metal than prog rock though, I think.

But I am a big fat Rush fan (but only their stuff before 1981 or so) so I am also incredibly biased. And I like their instrumental bits more than Geddy's singing; sometimes he sounds more like he's wailing and screaming like a woman than singing. Except now, since he's older and can't hit the high notes anymore. Oh well. I will just sit over here and hug my vinyl albums. :P