Tuesday, January 05, 2010

i could write a book

Alas, no snow day! haha. But other than the freshman who stalks me, the day was pretty good.

In Science class we found an article that interested us in a magazine and summarize it. My teacher subscribed to this magazine called Nature and they have a ton of science articles in there. I picked an article about brain surgery and how scientists use brain surgery to conduct research on how the brain works. My teacher is a pretty cool dude and he gets really excited about cool science stuff. He asked how my summary was going and I told him what it was about and he got all excited. After he read it he was telling me about these movies he saw that sort of incorporate the kinds of things I mentioned into the plot of the movie, he was really enthusiastic, haha. When he starts going he'll just talk and talk, I love it. xD He gets really excited about science, so its cool when I find something that interests both of us and he can sort of go on about it for a while. It makes my day.

Yesterday and today they let the high schoolers out early because of the snowy roads. They can't have the elementary kids staying late so they dismiss us early to give the drivers plenty of time to get back. Today there was a bit confusion about gymnastics, we got on the gymnastics bus and someone said there wasnt but turns out there was, haha. Eventually it got straightened out right before the turn the driver had to make, so we made it. :P Gymnastics was pretty easy today too, it was nice to kind of chill out and do a bit of what we wanted.

I really need to go to bed soon. I try to get ready for bed around nine since I wake up so early. But the last two nights have been really bizarre. First of all I have a tiny cold, so the back of my nose ends up hurting like heck from stuff getting stuck up there xD haha. but I've also been sleeping very lightly. Sunday night i woke up, positive my alarm was about to go off. I got up to check the time -- 1:45 am. Ugh. I woke up two other times in the next two hours, then again seven minutes before the alarm went off. LAST night i was sleeping but i heard this really soft tapping noise. It was like being asleep but not really. And it was obnoxious. I still dont even know what it was. Maybe if I stay up a little later I'll be more tired and sleep deeper, haha. I hope so but my eyelids are getting heavy.

I read this post from the Digital Photography School called 30 Photographic Goals for 2010. I want to try and achieve some of these. Some of the goals include taking your camera with you more often, taking a photo every day, and reading a photography book a month. I feel so busy with school, I don't take photos very often these days so I'm going to try and work a little harder on that. I also hope to actually get a job one of these days and buy a new camera or at least a lens. My 18-55mm lens finally broke for good last year and all I have is my 55-200mm which is nice for some things, but its also annoying because I cant take pictures of things closer to me. At this point though, Im wondering if it would just be better to wait till after February. Then I'll be eighteen and wont have to worry about job permits, and gymnastics should be over so I wont be busy in the evenings... hopefully. haha. I don't know. x_x Thats another thing on the list! Prioritize goals!! i need to do that some time. >.>


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Yes? Freshman stalker? Sounds interesting. Elaborate.

Emily said...

haha, maybe i'll send you an email or something xD