Wednesday, January 06, 2010

music man

My music teacher is a pretty cool dude. I actually get along a lot better with my teachers than the majority of the students, haha. Not that I dont get along with kids but I talk to my teachers easier and actually more often maybe, except for a handful of kids who are like my real friends that I could see myself keeping in touch with after I graduate.
Anyways, back to my music teacher. He's basically a genius, haha. He teaches our choir and teaches band and stuff. Sometimes in class he'll just randomly play some beautiful piano pieces he makes up and it makes my day because i absolutely love the piano.
Monday my friend had me listen to a song she wants to do as a solo and she was laughing at me because I was just standing there taking it in and not reacting or saying anything. She thought it was weird I was just listening and not doing anything I guess. xD But when I listen to music for the first time I like to concentrate and let it sink in or something... So anyways I talked to her about the song, and then she went to have the teacher listen. She started laughing again and said "Emily! He does the same thing you do!" and I look over and my teacher is in the zone, totally concentrating on this song. I thought that was kind of cool. :]
Then the next day he told this hilarious joke and I was the only one who laughed. I was cracking up and everyone else is just like "huh?" xD Then later he said something about me needing to do a solo at the concert, haha.
Today he did this relaxation thing. He had us close our eyes and do some deep breathing exercises. Then he started playing the piano for about ten minutes straight. It was amazing. He made most of it up but incorporated real songs into it too. It was really nice. I wish we could do that every day. :P

So theres my post for the day. Im sleepy so I made it short :] I just wanted to talk about how cool he is.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

That is pretty awesome. Teachers rock, right? I love teachers like that.

Emily said...

Yeah, teachers are awesome :]