Sunday, January 10, 2010

wake up call

I am sooo sleepy right now, haha. I babysat until 12 last night then had to get up relatively early for church. Fun times. xD
After church we went to the Cleveland Institute of Art where there was some kind of opening reception for the Scholastics Art and Writing contest and where all the art was on display. I feel like I didn't get very much information on this thing, haha. Apparently there was some kind of ceremony where they called all the gold key winners up and we missed that. We weren't even that late, but... it was strange. But I got a certificate and a little gold key pin. We looked everywhere for my photos and didn't see any of them. Turns out they were showing the portfolios on a slide show in some random dark room in the corner. Maybe I was just really tired, but it was kind of weird. To me, not all the gold key portfolios were really amazing. I expected them to all be really really good and some of them just made me go "...what? that won?" But whatever. I'll find out how my portfolio did at the national competition in March or April...

All year I've just been assuming I'll go to the cheapo community college for my first two years so i can get the extra stuff out of the way and I won't have to take any of those big scary sounding tests :P But this lady we ran into that we used to go to church with said I shouldnt waste my time there, I should go to a four year college right away. I don't know what i want to do really. My brain kind of shuts down when I think about college, haha. I have a lot of reasons for wanting to go to the community college, but it would be nice to go to an official art school too. My mom says if I can get scholarships I shouldnt limit myself to community college right now. Apparently this gold key is supposed to be really amazing and everyone's going to want to let me to go to their school :P haha. If I only I KNEW where I want to go! I'm not ruling community college out yet... ugh. I don't want to think about it. xD But i know i have to.

Whyy does the alarm have to go off so early tomorrow? haha. i love school. i dread my alarm x_x maybe ill go to bed now. haha

No comments: