Sunday, March 07, 2010

gymnastics update

I joined the gymnastics team in late October. I hadn't done it since I was really little but I wanted to get into it again and be active over the winter. I made a lot of progress, and I had a lot of fun. Even though I wasn't that great, I was still treated equally as a member of the team. The coaches were nice and helpful, and made it fun. Not all the girls were the kind of people I would hang out with outside of the sport but we were still a team. I started out a little reluctant after I found out practice was almost every day. Then as I adjusted I got more and more used to it and I really improved. I didn't think I would be competing at all since I wasn't that great, but I ended up competing in every competition and through that I learned how to keep calm and do my best when people are watching and judging me. It was a really cool experience. It lasted until mid-February. By then we were all starting to get a bit restless, and ready for it to end. There was a lot of drama going on with a lot of the girls and I was ready for a change. We had one big last meet, when we went to sectionals, and then it was all over. haha
it was a great experience. :]
My highest score was aaa 6.2 i think? something like that
6.3 maybe
i dont remember
in the sixes
i was pretty psyched.
but im also glad its over
I signed up for track now xD i think it will go better

No comments: